RCU Forums - View Single Post - Back to the Buggys
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Element

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to the Buggys

Well after being out of nitro for close to two years now I have decided to make a comeback.
First let me apologize for this post as I know there at least 10 posted every day.

Ok now that’s out of the way on to my question. I want to buy a buggy I would prefer a kit but seeing as the prices on kits are fairly close to the price of an rtr it looks like I will be going this route. I have around $400-$450 to spend. As of now I'm leaning to the MP-7.5 rtr right now as I like the fact there are plenty of hop-ups available but I'm also wondering if it will be replaced with a new model now that the 777s are out.

The buggy is going to be used for bashing on a track (both a club and backyard track) and some club racing. I have also been looking at the Hot Bodies Lightning 2RR, Ofna Hyper 7 Buggy and the Ofna 9.5 Violator buggy. I know there is no perfect or best buggy but for my application which buggy would be the least likely money pit (if it possible to find one in the hobby ).

I will most likely scrap all the stock electronics so in favor of a Synthesized setup so there not to big of a concern for me.

Thank you for any input you may provide.
-Greg