RCU Forums - View Single Post - A real bunch of swell modelers... not
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 10:10 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A real bunch of swell modelers... not

OK this is what really bothers me... as it has turned into something far from my point-

If you care to go to the MBZ site and read the thread with all the smiley's and such to get the one of the conversation (or just read what I quoted again) you can only gather that these fellows (none who have ever met, nor seen me and therefore couldnt have known it was me immediately) were taking great joy in the fact I crashed my model.

For the record, I do not have a problem crashing models. I do it regularly as I try and push my flying as much as I can, and I would say of most people I know it bothers me little to crash. It is part of the hobby.

I have never, ever self proclaimed myself as some hotshot pilot, who doesnt crash. I was brought up to believe that boasting about one's self is rude, and wrong. I dont do it. In my 10,000 + posts on RCC or here on RCU I dare anyone to find one post or one person that knows me, to say I have ever bragged about how good a pilot I am. But somehow Bruce has an inside that I fancy myself some expert..? Enough about that...

What REALLY upset me, is that these fellows singled me out - plain and simple - taking pleasure in my crash. Not the fact I crashed in itself. These same guys post endless and edless threads about how so many others are close minded, and have unethical and wrong views on the hobby, and so forth. Pat and I have had it out a few times on line. I know he dislikes me. I dont agree with much of what he writes on line, no secret. Bruce I never have (to my knowledge) personally spoken to on line or in person and Jason, well, I dont even know him at all other than what I read.

Poking fun at a crash of a friend or even a stranger who made an error can be fun and in jest. They spoke of other crashes but mainly in passing... But, I believe from the way this was written (please, go the MBZ site and read it in context) it was not meant to be funny, other than a direct jab at myself. Perhaps none of these fellows thought I would see it? Perhaps they dont care...

But for some who have an easy time to generally take a "holier than thou" attitude in this hobby, I would never have wished that they could reduce themselves to picking someone (me) that for the simple fact disagrees with the political side of the hobby, and take pleasure in my loss no matter how small.

THAT is and was my point. Marc, I dont see eye to eye with you, thats no secret. But if you took off three days and traveled 10 hours to attend an event at my home club, and had the misfortune to lose a plane, I wouldnt run to my buddies and take joy in it. Is that clear enough or what?

AJC