RCU Forums - View Single Post - Katana 50 ultra-RC anyone flying this ?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 AM
flyjunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Katana 50 ultra-RC anyone flying this ?

Hi Greg i think that you should buy a trainer before the funtana for a number of reason these being because the Funtana features massive control surfaces this needs to be flown by a confident pilot, The funtana is not the easiest aircraft to land , it does not handle winds well and when learning to fly you need to be at the field as much as you can and not be able to fly because there is a strong wind, The funtana can not be flown fast , it needs a computer transmitter, It needs good servos to power the massive surfaces, During learning to fly you will without doubt have arrivals e.t.c and could spoil the look of your new aircraft and trainers are more robust, if you where to crash it is ALOT cheaper to buy a trainer in the first place, it is harder to learn to fly on a low winger because some people get disoriantated more than flying a high winged airplane. Simulators make model aircraft flying seem alot easier than it actually is..... This is just my opinion and i hope it helps i am not trying to put you of buying a funtana just to learn to fly on a basic trainer and a trainer is able to perform basic aerobatics such as rolls, loops, stall turns and inverted flight.

Flyjunkie