RCU Forums - View Single Post - what do i need?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 12:51 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what do i need?

ORIGINAL: Ahab

do you actualy have any TLT left on that truck Jak?
Actually thats my clod, my TLT is all stock except for some drilling I did on the chassis.

soo is there any way for me to make it from scratch
Sure, most crawlers are scratch built. I included a pic of my crawling chassis, its not a tube frame like your wanting, but its home made. Personally I wouldnt go with a tube frame unless your into the scale look, they mess up your COG.

As for the steering setup. You have two options, make/buy a gearbox servo mount and use no bumper, or buy a bumper that has the servo mount built in. Thundertech makes a nice system thats a bumper, skidplate, and servo mount all in one. They have a couple of options on it (mount only, mount/bumper, elimanator, etc.) so just check out their website to get more info on it (BTW that clod I posted the picture of is using their Ripper Pro chassis).

http://www.thundertechracing.com/clodbust.htm

Heres some various pictures, including a chassis that I designed (NOTE: the mounting holes arent all in the right places).

If you look at the picture of the axles alone you can see gearbox mounted servo setup, I dont recomend doing that as it makes your gearbox/servo vulnurable to damage.

The 4th picture shows the chassis good as well as the thundertech servo mount/bumper that I was talking about.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13061.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	292629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16839.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	292630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77079.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	111.6 KB