RCU Forums - View Single Post - jr transmitter
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 11:33 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: jr transmitter

John,

simple fact is that tons of US modelers will continue to swap crystals despite it being against the law. so wouldn't it be just a bit better if these lawless modelers could at least know how to safely swap their crystals?? all it would take is a few extra lines of text in the manual similar to what FMA did.

as for changing the law, no thank you. how about i just interpret it in my own way?? seems to be how everybody else does it... putting a drop of glue (that doesn't even stick) on a very accessible crystal does not magically make it inaccessible and in compliance with the rules. maybe the manufacturers/distributors are the big law breakers here??

yes, rccub did the right thing and sent the radio in for "service" but i'm betting it isn't even opened up. they'll just grab a crystal off the shelf, plug it in and send it on it's way.

and yes, i am a US citizen and like i stated before i will simply use the ham bands if i ever return. either that or make sure nobody sees me swapping crystals in my homebuilt radio disguised as an old ace or proline....

dave