RCU Forums - View Single Post - Burrito/Mojo Landing Gear
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 10:40 PM
MOJO65-9or10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Burrito/Mojo Landing Gear

I agree with you guy in the way the landing gear sort of sucks. I skipped the wire gear right from the beginning and relized what a pain it was to figure something out for it. I do have CF gear on it right now that goes under the muffler. It has about 1/8th of an inch and I am sure it is was caused my muffler to fail in flight the other day.

INSERT STORY- While chasing my roomate around 2 days ago I could hear a funny noise slowly getting louder and started to try and figure out what it was, while still chasing him around, when a small pop happened and suddenly my plane was dang loud. The mufflers (TH muffler) casting failed just aft of the bolt location and was hanging there by the pressure line going to the tank. Funny thing it just keep running. Heres the great part. I could still hover it just fine but it would bounce off the prop in normal flight. It all ended just fine and the tail end of the muffler is still hanging on to that line and my prop doesn't have a ding.

Sorry about that. Anyway the CF gear cracked on my first none perfect landing. I would of given it a 5 out of 10. Heck I didn't even hit the prop. So I do have some .100" thick aluminum plates that have countersunk screws to extend the dubro profile landing gear but they look crappy so I ended up repairing my CF gear. I wish I could recall who I bought it from but to tell ya the truth, I will not be buying CF gear ever again. So far I am 0 for 2 on CF gear.

I think the best thing to do would be to beef up a portion of the lower fus to accept a gear mount down further and you would never have a problem again.

Dave