RCU Forums - View Single Post - North American Model Association?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 07:42 AM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: North American Model Association?

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

I think that most prospectus (prospecti) suffer from similar issues to the one you describe.

There are several issues here, Probably easier to divide to debate.

First, criteria for a headquarters. Costs including travel should be considered. Accomodations, staffing skill level and availability come to mind. Buy vs. lease, viable lease alternatives, all these and more should be considered.

Now, the most controversial in my mind. Assuming the costs justify the benefits (a separate discussion again)

Assuming that resolved to positive, I think "geographic centre" is not the best criteria, we may want to again visit travel costs, availability of lodging, weather etc. etc.
At first glance, "demographic centre", rather than geographic centre seems to make most sense -- but the demographic centre is in Ontario & that problem just won't go away in the minds of many. Winnipeg is very well serviced by road, rail & air connections & at second glance is probably a good location -- its only real problem is the relatively low percentage of Canadian modellers that live anywhere near it.