RCU Forums - View Single Post - How does this happen"
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 11:24 PM
sukhoigirl2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How does this happen"

hey guys,

my name is stefanie bobbitt...i am 17 yrz old....that was my father who crashed. he was doing a torque roll obviously. and no it wasnt a dangerous manuever especially in that aircraft. he had been flying for over 30 yrz and had a couple thousand hrz logged. my dad took me for my first flight when i was 2 weeks old and i have loved flying ever since. my dad was a safe pilot and knew all the risks of being an airshow pilot. he had enough altitude that wasnt the problem...the problem was the prop on the sukhoi. i have flown this manuever w/ him several times...everything was going just right until he fell out of the bottom of the smoke...the prop did a quick yank in the wrong direction...which it does do...trust me it happened to me b 4. he got into the inverted flat spin and made 3 rotations...there was a point where it looked like he had it and went to full power and the sukhoi yanked again and that was when we all knew it was over. he was an excellent pilot and could have easily taken any amount of force to get out of it. you could c his rudder and ailerons were all in the rite position. i was extremely close to my dad he was my best friend and we did a lot of stuff together like scuba diving and flying and camping and hiking...i have a little brother named michael and my moms name is randy.my dad flew for united airlines and was one of those employees that if u sat in a meeting w/ him u would have to send him several emails after the meeting just so u could understand everything. i miss my dad dearly...but i still fly and he is on my wing tip every time i fly i see him weather he is only there for a split second or if he is there until the airplane is safely on the ground. hez an angel now and hez always w/ me. i remember the phone call...itz one that u never want to get. my dads best friend who was practically his older brother was also a performer in that airshow...his name is don...he has a sukhoi 26 mx...i kno my dad fought till the end...and i kno he would b proud of how well everybody is doing...but i think these things r very interesting...i mean u obviously need to talk about them so that ppl can learn from mistakes...but im not sure i really appreciate ppl trying to say weather or not it was his fault or not b/c clearly it wasnt. if u want to talk to me in email then my email adress is [email protected] or [email protected]

missfire (my dads call sign for me and his was jughead)