RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guillows
Thread: Guillows
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 02:35 AM
sharpshooter223

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guillows

im not sure how heavy the frame to the 172 is but i do suggest using micro light film if you havent allready covered it. and for a plane that small i would have to say a cox 0.49 or maybe if its light enough a cox 0.20. i would use a gws micro 4 ch reciever and the smallest servos that they sell. if you go with gas with that small of a plane you also wont be able to have a throttle but with a beginner that might be good so you can set it to a lower setting. for a battery if your using gas you wont need a huge one. i would suggest maybe a 4 cell aaa nimh. all you should do for servos though is two. one for elevator and one for rudder. all of these are just suggestions though. i havent worked to much with micro planes or anything but thats what i would do. you should check in with a local hobby shop or somebody else before doing anything. also if your a beginner to the hobby you might want to buy an electric rtf to learn to fly on before you spend money on this and maybe crash it. cause alot of people who do that end up just giving up the hobby completely.