RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: homeblt38

Greeting All,
I have sat on the sidelines and read each an every one of these 230 pages and sometimes more than once. I have enjoyed the off-topic pages, various personalities, and of course, the many Yak tips. No doubt a varied group of people with varied skills and opinions.

I am one of the lucky ones to have a Yak from the first shipment. My plane has some 40 plus flights on it and I, like many of you, know this
plane makes me look much better than I am and is truly an amazing
machine.

However, yesterday it almost came to an end. During one of my flights,
my plane took an unplanned 45 deg dive and started to rapidily roll to
the right (TX on 3-D rates of course). As your heartbeat quickens and I
realized I could soon be experiencing a heart break like Wayne's and joining the many others waiting for the next boat. I reached up and switched to Low rates and tryed fanatically to recover. At an attitude of less than, 30' I regained control and landed asap. The plane tipped over on landing, the grass was long, and I broke the top of the rudder. (small price to pay considering)

We checked the RX afterwards and I had no control at all. All the standard stuff appeared acceptable; battery,switches, connections, etc. It appears to me that my RX has failed and I am pursuing that direction now.

Bottom line, I am very glad no one was hurt and nothing was damaged. The moral of the story is machines, parts and people sometimes fail regardless of price, label, effort, etc.
Don
Don, good to hear you saved it. Can you please tell us what components you are using in your radio system. I'm assuming it was not PCM (unless the battery was the failure) And please let us know when you find the failed part.

thank you
John