RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vmax .46 engines good or bad
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 11:29 PM
donaldv9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vmax .46 engines good or bad

I purchased a Vmax 52 pro with the Stinger as a combo. Both have been a big disappointment. The balsa is cheap and cracked the fuselage when I just picked up the plane. Had to change all hardware because it was so cheap and did not fit together properly. The engine runs great and followed their procedure on break-in and she starts right up every time. After twelve fights the bolt that runs through the muffler casing just sheared at the nut in the front of the muffler casing. I have several brands of engines and never saw anything like this. Engine was starting to run like it was losing losing compression after 10 mins so I brought the plane in and when I picked it up off the taxi-way the muffler casing fell off and that's when I noticed the shearing of the bolt. Richmond RC has the worse support and will not cover this under warranty, nor do get any responses from them unless you send a nasty email. I called them and the lady told me they were to busy to get to me at this time. I wanted a month with no response. I will never buy another ting from them or give them recommendations. I purchased this plane based on a review done on this site. I no longer believe the reviews done here, just the forums because you are actually getting the full story from the experience of many people here that are the production models, not the primo ones sent to reviewers. Their site is also terrible to get around and find parts for the engine. Even though this engine runs great, I do not trust it as to how long it will last. Don't buy anything from Richmond RC unless you want no service and no warranty because they do not stand behind their products, they just want your money. I expect them to be out of business in year!