RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1987 Expert Radio
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1987 Expert Radio

ORIGINAL: trouling

If possible, I wish to match an 18 year old 7 channel Radio made by Expert with a new FM receiver. Expert is no longer in business and I no longer have the users manual. So I'm wondering is someone else is familur enough with this radio to know if 1) It's FM, 2) what type of reciever it can be matched up with (positive or negative poll). Picture uploaded.
It is entirely possible, if you want to spend enough money, to get the radio upgraded to the "Narrow Band" specs. Radio South could probably do it. Then you could operate some standard receiver. It would be expensive, but possible.

Why would you want to do that? Inexpensive standard radios are available, and programmable radios are available for under $250, to pick a number. (I have a Tracker III coming from Polk's Hobbies, 8 Channel, 99 model memory storage, frequency & shift selectable, with a receiver for the $200 intro price.)

There is really no need to refurbish the nonprogrammable radio you have, considering the prices. It would be a good conversation piece, even without a battery.

Good luck,
Dave Olson