RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who is converting Toro trimmers?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is converting Toro trimmers?

The best way i have found to deal with the reed valves is to close the holes and remove them. Do not use the rubber hoses at all. It would be a bear to make an intake to utilize them. I make new intakes after I increase the intake size. I also turn the carb the correct way for RC use. I then run a remote pulse line to the carb. It is the only way to do it if you turn the carb. 1 intake bolt lines up with the pulse hole on the carb so no way to run a channel. A good way to tell if you have the good 2bbl engine is the color. The thin one is very bright silver. Also if you look on the back you will see 3 gussets in a triangular pattern. They look as if they could be drilled and tapped for somthing. If your fins are even all the way accross, you have the good engine. If there is a circular dip in the middle of the triangle pattern then it is the thin one. If it is the thicker one it can be made to do well over 8000 rpm when broke in. If the thin I think 8000 may be the max. I run an 11mm Walbro twin needle carb on my conversions. That and an aluminum pits style muffler. A velocity stack will pick up 300 or so RPM on this engine and actually the stock muffler only reduced the RPM by a couple hundered but was very quiet. Strange I thought.