RCU Forums - View Single Post - The future of MAAC Nats
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 11:26 AM
jhelps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The future of MAAC Nats

Ken,

I have to somewhat agree with Jim, in that you are mixing apples and oranges. Gimli is an excellent event as is Jets over Quinte, Scalemasters, etc. The Nats are designed for competition and while there may be some complaint as to the running of the scale section, it appears that the other venues that ran did OK. Be careful you do not confuse the rants of a few who have argued for quite some time over scale rules and running of events, with the success or failure of the event.Also am not certain whether MAAC is out of pocket on the NATS or not, and if so is it beyond what is reasonable for the organization to spend (I know, I know define reasonable). Have two bad weather years in a row at Gimli and see if sponsors and town backing remains if they suffer "a loss". Some things are simply beyond peoples control.

Does Gimli promote more interest in model aviation? My gut reaction would be yes as the venue demonstrates a cross section of the hobby (helicopters, jets, trainers, scale, etc) and all skill levels of modellers. And getting new members is a good thing.

JH