RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Edge 540T Rolls with full elevator application
Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 AM
ddaver
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Edge 540T Rolls with full elevator application

Yup Yup
The tendency of this model to snap with full elevator application is the nature of the beast. Tapered wing, wing loading and other factors all contribute. I expect that once I correct the wing incidence problem she will fly pretty good and with more and more flights I will probably come to enjoy it.
I read on another thread something like this: "....climb high and put your Edge 540 into a dive, apply full power and pull full up elevator and note which direction it snaps to....." The writer was offering advice regarding engine thrust.
Now that I know this I can certainly avoid the situation. What worries me is what if something goes wrong and I need to save the plane and my natural reaction is to level the wings and pull up elevator, will I have the control to give just the right amount to avoid the snap yet still pull out safely? Hopefully, I will have achieved a higher level of confidence before anything like that happens.

Thanx once again for everyones help

P.S. Bubba, I read that thread, sounds familiar doesn't it? BTW the box claims 72" wingspan, it's more like 68". Do the Chinese use a different metric system or just a different conversion ratio? ROFL At any rate the wing loading is significant and I have been careful to build as lite as possible.

Ok, Ok, I won't beat around the bush any longer.......... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MODEL!!!