RCU Forums - View Single Post - FX-35 ESC
Thread: FX-35 ESC
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FX-35 ESC

If I'm reading your post correctly I think you've misunderstood the intructions. You are supposed to set the throttle trim (on the face of the transmitter) in the middle --- neither high trim nor low. It sounds to me like you're setting the EPA range (I'm not sure what HiTech calls it -- but this is the function that adjusts the amount of servo travel) which would account for only getting half throttle as that's all the radio is allowing. Reset it to 100%, put the trim setting on the face of the tx in the center.

Step #4 only applies if you are NOT using BEC. The rx has to get power from somewhere -- the BEC if you are using it or an external source if you are not.

I get confused about switches; in some uses they have to carry power in others they don't. If you're puttting a switch in the red wire between the ESc and the battery it seems to me it has to be able to carry all the current that will flow to the motor. That calls for one BIG switch! I get around it by putting a fuse on the line and mounting it so I can use it like a switch. Sermos/Anderson Power Poles makes a rig for this. Alternatively you could use one of those automotive fuse holders (the flat fuse type, not the round glass type). some people feel they create too much resistance, but I've never been able to detect it for sport flying.

Hope this gets you going. If not get back to me. Use this forum or PM me at [email protected]

Walt