RCU Forums - View Single Post - What happens if MAAC folded?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What happens if MAAC folded?

Actually Jim, I agree with Britbrat.

I don't think it would be a good thing if the MAAC tent came down for reasons Brit points out, plus a few more. It's a "what if" question designed to make members think.

It's kind of why I continue to question and hammer at things within. I feel it's good to make folks think about and debate internal issues within. Perhaps they will pay more attention to what is going on and not accept issues like "new rules" (particularly ill-conceived ones) as inevitable or unchangeable. Debating this topic may make a few realize the potential dangers/scenarios should the association tank. .................maybe enough to raise a fuss and get involved.

Unchallenged policy/rules that go unchecked could potentially be as dangerous as a serious accident. So, why not examine the "doomsday" scenario? It's interesting, if nothing else.

I agree with Brit that we'd see more than one association srping up, but I'm not sure about the turf wars. I think we've been kidding ourselves about influence with the government as it was virtually ignored and non-existant for a number of years. The board has certainly made some strides in that direction in the last few years so it may be hard to judge right now. I'm somewhat torn as I don't like "monopolies" so I admit I'm curious to see what some competition in the market might do for the hobby?..............if anything.