RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who is converting Toro trimmers?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 03:21 PM
rollmyown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is converting Toro trimmers?

hi davewallace,
The 2bbl carb is what is working for me so far. I figured that the way it is designed, there is no adjusting of it except for idle, could be put to use. The secondary bore doesn't open until the primary is pretty far off the idle so I guessed it wouldn't flood and stumble and was worth trying. You don't know if something like this will work at all unless you try it. The carb is a Walbro and is not junky, so I wasn't going to just discard it. My original idea was a plate on top of a cut down intake, cut down 1/4", so I made a 1/4" cut down into the dividing web and could cut down the rest of it if it didn't work. This two barrel carb is fairly large, but it works well, and I am going to stick with it. I will post the photo of the modified carb intake /spacer for everyone to see, but I got to run now. I sent you the first photo by email as a test, did you get it? Added photo, 8-31-05

Note: This slotted intake idea did show some promise, until I went a bit further on opening up the intake ports. (I think that is what happened, but if you change a couple of things at a time as I probably did, even small changes, this can happen.) Sometimes it doesn't take much to skew your experimentation off the course you think you are on. I just want to point out that this has possibilities, but it is not 100% perfectly perfected.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75250.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	317646