RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why has my savage got a throttle return spring when my Buggy hasn't?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Stablock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why has my savage got a throttle return spring when my Buggy hasn't?

ORIGINAL: ntloser

I think I am going to throw in the towel. I brought my Savage with a new engine and werks clutch the LHS. I assembled the engine and clutch myself but the clutch wasn't engaging properly. After taking the engine off and adjuting it several time with no luck, I decided to bring it to the LHS thinking I was doing something wrong.

I called the LHS today to see if it was done. They told me the throttle linkage popped off and the engine was wide open and the truck hit the wall. I am using an OFNA linkage and he L piece from the Savage uses a ball and socket to connect to the throttle servo . The shop said the socket piece popped off the ball. of course I couldn't duplicate that and never experienced that problem before. Nobody could tell me why there wasn't a throttle return spring on the truck. Which would have prevented this from happening. Anyway the shop said they would go over it tomorrow and everything would be free. I looked at the truck and I don't even see any cosmetic damage. My questions are;

1. Has anybody using the ofna throttle linkage had the socket come off the ball?
2. Should I make the shop rebuild the truck from the ground up to make sure there isn't anything damaged that I can't see?
3. Can I sue the shop for emotional distress?

If you pop that ball off that socket too many times, then it is possible it can easily pop off on it's own. My guess is that when you or the LHS put the engine in, either you or your LHS:
1. Was worn so much form popping on an off so many times, it fell off.
2. Didn't pop in on completely.
or
3. forgot to put it on.