RCU Forums - View Single Post - "resist the urge to ...degrade, insult...someone in your post."
Old 09-05-2005, 01:17 PM
eduk8r
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "resist the urge to ...degrade, insult...someone in your post."

Dear Friends of this incredibly wonderful hobby(rc aviation) and this particular niche(spads),

As I am in Vicksburg, MS, I have been affected by Hurricane Katrina: just received power after being without for exactly a week. Today, I was thrilled to be back on the internet to check emails to see how family and friends have fared as well as seek news of the disaster that may be not covered on TV. After ascertaining that my family members are safe and sound, I turned to RC Universe to read and relax.

I came to the SPAD forum and began reading. To my dismay, there was a response from a contributor that did not adhere to the admonition to refrain from insulting and degrading comments. I pulled up some more of his posts and found that this was not an isolated event. This member seems to delight in making statements like "must be under a rock" or "stupid and repetative(sic) posts".

I have been a member of RCU long enough to know that this is the exception, not the rule; however, I felt the need to write to express my disillusionment with those few who take this route. Perhaps it is the anonymity of the internet that empowers people to write things they would not ordinarily say in person(I am sure that the person of whom I speak will say to himself, "Not me; I say what I wanna say".)

There is enough nastiness in this old world already(witness the looting, shooting, rapes,etc. in the New Orleans area). Please, let's not do this type of thing at RCU. It should be a safe haven. If it bothers you to read for the millionth time a question about gluing coroplast, don't read it!

My $00.02.

RCU ROCKS!

tony