RCU Forums - View Single Post - QPCM range issue
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Vismund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QPCM range issue

Almost lost my GP Patty W. Extratoday due to a total lost of signal, the plan just continued on it's track for several seconds before I got her responding again by turning the antenna to a 90 degree angel to the aircraft. This had never happened before, and the plane including the receiver have more then 50 flights without any problems. When I finally got her down, I proceed with a range check by walking away from the aircraft with the collapsed antenna. I ended up with losing the control after just 30 feet, when pointing the collapsed antenna to the nose of the aircraft. It didn't matter if the engine was running or not, which rules out an ignition related problem. I checked the transceiver with my funtana in ppm-mode, because it has a different receiver, with a very satisfying result. The conclusion is that the problem has to be related to the QPCM-receiver in the Patty Extra.

Is it possible that the receiver, due to vibration, may have been damaged slightly but not totally wrecked?
Because it's still working fine at a very close distance, and also has a history without any issues.