RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with radio glitch
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 09:46 PM
polygoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with radio glitch

hey guys, i'm back with some results, and have some new questions if you dont mind.

I looked over my caliber 30 and made sure that no wires were near the RX wire, I removed all coils from the wire, made sure that the wire was ok, took out any crimps, etc... tightened my tail rudder control rod to remove a slight vibration... and rubber mounted all of the servos. I went out today to fly it and all was exellent, but then i got one small glitch but I couldnt repeat it at all, it seems like this are definetely better but I still get a very small glitch every once and a while, not enough to even notice when in forward flight, but enough to notice when hovering.

My question is: Should I just switch to PCM?

i've heard that PCM is better for filtering out glitches, although (without starting a PPM VS. PCM debate) is it bad to switch to PCM to resolve a glitch issue?

My heli is in tip-top shape, and i've only had it for a short amount of time so I am begining to think that this glitch is actually from a nearby very small airport which I am flying about 1-2 miles away from, because it sees that the glitch comes and goes depending on where I fly it. Should PCM correct the problem?

Thanks alot guys