RCU Forums - View Single Post - Predator Gasser Newbie Review
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
acebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Predator Gasser Newbie Review

ORIGINAL: BugSmasher

This post has been around for a few months, that Predator must have flown by now.. how about an update on how it went acebird?

As you can see for yourself there is not much activity on this forum about gassers. I frequent another site more often.

No the heli has not flown yet. I am breaking in the engine right now and testing the set ups. From the posts on the other site tying down a heli is very much a heated argument. No point in upsetting anyone here.

[quoteOn the second or third hover, the tail swung a little too much left and the heli was lost. Racing a high speed into another person's parked car and totalling the heli, and causing serious damage to the car. Lucky for him no one was hurt.
][/quote]

I take it there is no way of hovering 2 mistakes high and at a considerable distance in front of you? Do you learn by hovering at eye level 10 ft away? Was he using a training skid, gyro, FS8 Copilot? Maybe he should have had a 50 ft rope tied to the skids and stood 75 ft away. I don't know what you think.

Ace