RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with radio glitch
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 12:29 AM
polygoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with radio glitch

well I think I figured it out. First I ran out and bought a frequency checker and scanned the area for my channel, and found that there was intermittent signals on my channel in that area, it would come and go... however the helicopter would not twitch at all (on PPM setup) from the interference, so I figured they were either stray signals coming from somwhere or something to do with the enviroment. With the antenna off of the hobbico frequency checker, I noticed it would not pick up the signals on my channel, that tells me that its a fairly weak signal.

So, knowing this I went out and bought a PCM setup and have had no problems ever since, i've been checking every time before and during I fly, and usually there is no signals on my channel, but sometimes there is and I dont fly that day. I'm not sure if the glitching was coming from something nearby on my channel on that specific day or what, but now with the PCM and frequency checker, I am no longer having any problems.

Next I have my eyes set on getting a 9C PCM with the synthesizer setup, I've been scanning the entire area where I fly all the time and have found nobody on any other channels, so I am thinking of switching to a different channel, plus with the synth, I can switch on the fly if I find someone on my channel that day, which is really nice.

I am just hoping I can use the 9c with my blade cp as well because I hate the radio that comes with the blade.