RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC CAR HISTORY
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Platinum_Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC CAR HISTORY

I am rather profficient with older Tamiya models and can generally outline most other makes to an extent. Companies such as AYK, Kyosho, Tamiya, Mauri, Associated, Traxxas, Yokomo and G.V. are rather familiar to me.

For example, the Megatech M16 dragster with a small block nitro mill producing 1.6HP is actually a rebadged G.V. Dragster that no one seems to own.

The AYK Viper was a precursor to the modern day racing buggy. To see one of these incredible machines close up is very rare and impressive, especially with the aluminuim oil shocks and cantilevered suspension in an age where friction shocks and springers ruled the backyard.

Tamiya is a whole separate animal, get me started if you like but I'm warning you, I won't be easy to stop!

Mauri was driven out of the RC realm by stiff competition from Kyosho and Tamiya. The Big Bear was made to combat Tamiya's full line of "Space Age" chassis. The list goes on.

Tamiya started their RC line of models with a meeting of the company higher-ups. The company wanted to find something new that would bring in sales to the declining company. When the conversation came up about the office secretary and his "Little R/C planes."

I started with my fathers Boomerang which still proudly bashes around the yard to this day. After the Boomerang, I got a Rustler, a Grasshopper, a TC3, another Grasshopper, a XXX-NT, a Blackfoot, another Rustler, an E-MAXX, a Juggernaut, a Bruiser, a Kyosho Super Beetle, a Mini-T, an RC10 Graphite Champion edition, a Ford F-150, a Clod, a Bandit, a T2, a GV Super Cobra, a Street Sport, a Stampede chassis, a nd soon to be a XXX-T MFE. I know I forgot a couple but I can't think of them right now. One fo the Rustlers now belongs to my Team mate, along with the RC10 and most recently an RC18T that was a birthday present from me and another team mate. The third team mate has a Stampede, an E-MAXX, and an HPI PRO.

Not a bad collection if I do say so myself. I really want a Tamiya Avante. Not the cheap knock off Avante 2001, but a real Avante. Those things were awsome!

Many of these cars can be seen in the My Models section of my profile. A bunch more pictures are at our website too.

We also have won many races over the years and have collected a ridiculous amount of parts. Just look in my gallery and see all the motors we have in the plastic tray's. Those are just the ones we have for spares. The amount of motor history we have is also quite impressive. Check out our gallery for pictures of our motor collection.