RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC CAR HISTORY
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Platinum_Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC CAR HISTORY

The Boomerang was Tamiya's 4WD buggy which incorporated a wierd mono-shock front suspension. It was shaft drive and very cramped. It did well in the top speed catagories, and still rolls around my yard today. I am actually suprised that no one asked about the GV!

To see pictures of my Boomerang, go to [link=http://www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Boomerang.html]www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Boomerang.html[/link]

No I have not owned a Wild One. I have however in my basment a Tamiya Rough Rider (Hopped up Sand Scorcher) that I am restoring to mint condition for my friend. They are remotly similar, but the Wild one is a bit newer and more advanced. Mabey someday I will get one, but it would most likely be the similar F.A.V.

I warned you guys...The Wild One was released in September of 1985, while the Rough Rider was released on the first of November 1979. The Rough Rider sat on a similar chassis as the F.A.V. It was also the last true baja buggy Tamiya released until the new editions of all these vintage cars today. The Rough Rider shared the same basic elements of design as the Ford Ranger, the Sand Scorcher and the Super Champ.

Edit: So I can't just type in ... like on other forums? I also tried [link]...[/link] but no good. Is the link button the only way to get it to work?