RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 AM
morecashthansense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Hi All, Just thourght I had better post my current problems with my Yak. I had refrained from posting for quite some time as I didnt want to start a flame war however I am now at the end of my tether with this plane. I must add the airframe is a very good performer if not a little to easy to damage with hanger rash the bottom of the fuz being the worst... The engine however has proved to be a right dog. The Da I have does not transition well vibrates like crasy and is mostly unflyable for the kind of flying this plane was designed for. And before everone jumps on the bandwagon about DA's super service I have given them every chance to make me belive in them however after returning it to DA for the transition problem they rebuilt the crank/rod and sent it back with the needels so far out of wack it wouldnt even start untill I put them back to factory settings despite being assured it was run up during the repair... now I have been waiting for 2 months for a new carb in a last attempt to fix the problem I have been given the run around and empty promises about when it would be shipped now they dont even answer any emails.....
All this is making me want to either get rid of the engine and replace it with a different 50cc or sell the whole plane altogether which wopuld be a great pity as i belive the plane has realy great potential just the engine is making me look at it in a different light.
Any suggestions for a good 50cc ??