RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues Increase commentary
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dues Increase commentary

If I am to believe what you are writing (and I'm not saying I don't), then clearly you annoyed some of these same people enough to trigger some extreme behaviour. I have heard that a call to you employer was a direct response to a slanderous statement you made about an individual, and that you made a public apology at an AGM for this statement ... please correct me if I'm wrong here ....

What I still fail to understand is why you feel Jason should take these unrelated (and probably unknown to him) interactions into account when vetting postings....[sm=confused.gif]

Yes, I can see how one could interpret a political stance on the hit & miss editing but, I think it's more a direct result of feedback or lack thereof. IOW, Jason tends to read the threads that interest him (limited time) and vette those he doesn't read, only if they're brought to his attention. I say this because I was once accused of the same thing when I ran a BBS (many moons ago) and this was exactly the situation. I also know Jason has a real job and family and flies .... being in a similar situation, I don't know where he finds the time to maintain the technical side of the site, let alone babysitting some of you guys....

I will agree that some people on forums (this one included) could express their opinions in a more polite/socially acceptable manner.

So ... you weren't warned eh? I guess your reputation preceded you.