RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D & Hovering Guidelines in Your Club
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D & Hovering Guidelines in Your Club

You are right about the rules. In our club we use a whistle and a trash bag. If someone is hovering over the runway he obviously can't tell what anyone else is doing so we blow the whistle to let him know. If he doesn't respond we walk out and pull the trash bag over his head. Generally several people will help get the pieces in the trash bag so that others can get on with their flying.
ORIGINAL: JimRoss

As a member of a club that has the no Hovering over the runway while others are flying I must make my perspective heard. I don't have any problem with the rule as I agree with it completely. However I see this as a respect and consideration issue. I make a habit of getting out of the way of the sport fliers while they are doing their thing. Now here comes the problem, after waiting until all are done and sitting down to talk, eat, or whatever, I go out and crank my plane up and take off to do my practice 3D maneuvers and invariably someone will start up and take off right under my plane.

Here is where the consideration and respect come in. If I can't do my thing while there are other guys flying, what on earth gives them the right to take off under me while I'm flying over the runway.

My parents taught me long ago that respect was a two way street. You don't demand it, you earn it.

As far as rules go, I don't think we need them. What we need is open communication between members about what style of flying we do and what conditions we need to accomplish this style of flying. There is no problem that cannot be solved with open minds and a little cooperation of all involved.