RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question on a raptor
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 06:48 AM
WhtBronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie question on a raptor

Not a bad deal if it has as little time on it as the owner claims. The gyro and servo I have some decent things about,. and while I really like JR I do use a Futaba gy401/9254 combo for gyro and servo.

The 649 Rx is great and I use it. The JR DS811 servos are more than adequate until you really start throwing the heli around. I am now doing some flying that requires a lot from my servos, flips and such, and am replacing the 811 servos on collective pitch, and both cyclic with Futaba 9252's. The closest servo JR has to the 9252 is slower and about $30 each more.

The TT engines seem to be hit or miss. My TT50 has been flawless now for 43 flights, but others can't get them tuned. So you never which you are gonna get.

I agree on geting some wood blades to start with. I'm sure you could find some in good condition used for a good price. Heck mine only have 5 flights on them and are perfect. Try to find some local cheap, or just buy a new set. The carbon blades are very nice, but you won't notice any difference until you are able to hover and get into forward flight.