RCU Forums - View Single Post - Chris Chianelli
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chris Chianelli

First off, I think that everyone has a right to say what they want about Chris Chianelli. I guess he would be considered a "celebrity" in our hobby, and who here hasn't talked about a celebrity before?
With that said, keep a few things in mind.....first of all, maybe the manicure is the show producer's idea, also, Chris is doing a show that is intended to be entertaining....so he has a personality/character on the show that I'm sure is probably a bit different from his everyday personality. The show isn't meant to be a workshop for experienced modeler's.....it's ENTERTAINMENT, and personally, I think that Chris does a pretty good job at that. The show is definitely geared towards people thinking about getting into RC.....how many newbies would want to sit and watch some monotone guy taking you through steps A-Z of installing a pull-pull rudder system??
I like to watch the show because I like watching anything RC-airplane related. I'm not hoping to learn anything. If you're looking for just about any television show to be more than that, then you'll most likely be disappointed.