RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know how much expense in A hobby Shop
Old 10-31-2002, 08:05 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know how much expense in A hobby Shop

I have a lot of things to say about a certain hobby shop in my area but don't want to because I'd hate if they knew who I was. Then they might double my costs. I'm happy to know that there is a new one opening up in Carthage that competes with tower AND the prices from a hobby shop in Carthage. The owner is pretty much only doing cars right now but eventually plans to go into planes and helis VERY soon. When ever I need to buy something that is not specific to my heli (like raptor parts) I try to buy it through this shop to try to help him out. It's very nice to have a good hobby shop in town. I miss Wichita, I loved Finley's Hobbies.

I think shops lke heliproz are GREAT, but when you need a crash part QUICK paying $25 for shipping doesn't cut it. I think a local hobby shop is great for crash parts and fuel and if they can compete for major items like helicopter kits then I will buy from a hobby shop. I usually get engines(unless they come with a package in a kit) and servos from hobby shops but I usually get kits and packages from mail order shops because of price. If I was rich I'd pay the full retail at the hobby shops, but for right now I can just afford the mail order prices.