RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSA Fokker DVII
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:24 AM
GHL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUSA Fokker DVII

Charlie, Thank you for your thoughts on the BUSA 1/3 scale D VII, especially about powering the design. Talking with the BUSA people at Warbirds over Delaware, and getting a good close up view of the prototype, I noticed they were using a gear drive on a G-62 for power. I could not stay to see the D VII fly, but I found the concept interesting since it allowed them to use a 32" propeller, which was pretty close to a true 1/3 scale size. I have still not seen their prototype fly, but at Rhinebeck last month, my flying friends in attendance thought the "in air" performance was okay but not overpowering. This is pretty much the same type of thought you had after seeing it fly at Dayton. I have a NIB Quadra 100, and I think that may be my choice for power. (Isn't it funny, I have one of the BUSA 1/3 scale Sopwith Pups about 95% framed up and have designed it for G-62 power since all the ones I have seen, fly well with that combination. Same 1/3 scale size, but a lot less engine compared to a Q-100.) Regards, George