RCU Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Extra 300xs Build
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Digger44
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Extra 300xs Build

After a long weekend, I finally got back at it. Started building the rudder assembly and I am a little disappointed with the pieces that make it up. The ribs or t1-t10 are not long enough to trim for proper fit at the trailing edge. What I mean is, with the leading and trailing edge in place directly over the plans, just an edge of the rib will contact the anchor point. It may be that the cap strips are the structural element in this design. Either way, if the structure dosn't pan out I will re-build with custom pieces. Maybe I am being too picky here.It just dosn't look right. [:@]

Any way, I layed out the trailing and leading edge for the rudder and pinned them to the plan. Then layed in the ribs t1 - t10. I glued the top and bottom double ribs together (t1 and t8), the double gusset block, and the 4 front blocks together. While they were drying, I started gluing in the ribs carefully. This is where the short ribs bugged me. When the double front blocks and the gusset blocks were dry, I glued them in place.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73948.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	337312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12843.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	337313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17489.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	48.6 KB