RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Typhoon 3D ?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 05:22 PM
rlau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Typhoon 3D ?

Just got my Typhoon yesterday, I have 5 flights on it and the elevator servo is stripped already. I really didn't even do anything dramatic, some rolls, loops, hovered it a few times and some basic aerobatics. Called support they are sending me a new one but I think I will go to the lhs and get a hitec or futaba servo for the elevator and rudder. I have been flying for about 2 years and have an avistar, a spacewalker II, a sig somethin' extra and a couple more, I have never done any 3D flying but by the 3rd flight I was doing hovers, spins, waterfalls and some crazy stuff that I didn't even know I could do. I have been a little afraid to do the 3D with my gas planes but I think the typhoon will be a great trainer. I was flying in 5 - 15 mph winds and it flew like a dream. I have the parkzone p51 so I have 3 stock nimh batts and I could not charge them fast enough. I got about 10-12 minutes per battery. I flew it at low rates and it was fairly docile, flipped the high rates and it had an awesome roll rate. It is in the outermost hole on the control horn, I can't imagine what it will do in the inside hole and with a lipo.
Can't wait to fly it tomorrow.