RCU Forums - View Single Post - What safety related rules does your club have that are really good?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What safety related rules does your club have that are really good?

ORIGINAL: woops

I'm posting this question in order that all who have safety issues in their clubs will get some good ideas to help them in their situations. I've been in a few clubs(and seen more) and they all have had VERY different rules and had reasons for them. Some of these clubs really didn't have any rules because that's what has worked for years(idiotic idea). I know that one of the clubs I've seen has calling out your actions and clearing them with the other pilots to reduce crashes(and hard feelings). I feel that this is a good idea so that when I'm flying, I don't have to look away from my plane to see if anything will be in my way. So, what rules are really good in your club?

Woops

They are ALL GOOD.

JETERO RC CLUB FIELD RULES
REVISED AND ADOPTED JAN. 27, 2005

ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS ARE EXPECTED TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING RULES WHILE PERFORMING FLIGHT OPERATIONS AT JETERO RC CLUB FLYING FACILITY. (DR denotes Deed Restriction)

1. Members and Guests must comply with the rules specified in the current Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Safety Code.

2. All radio transmitters will be kept in the Impound Area. Prior to using a transmitter, place the frequency clip on the transmitter, and place the user's Jetero Membership card or an AMA Card in the Frequency clip holder.

3. Spectators shall not be allowed where model operations are conducted. This includes
but is not limited to, Pit Areas, Run-Up Areas and the Runway.

4. Do not make any High-Speed Taxi in the Pit-Area.

5. Do not make High-Speed Low Passes over the runway, when any other pilot station is occupied.

6. Do not allow your aircraft to over fly the pilot stations, pit areas, shelter area,
parking lot, or any populated area. Do not generally fly behind (west) of the flight line. DR

7. Pilots and Callers and or Helpers will stand at the pilot stations while flying. Pilot will call out to other pilots that he/she is going onto the runway, Taking-Off, or Landing. (NOTE: It is permissible to make a Take-Off from the runway, but after the Take-Off, proceed to the first available Pilot Station.)

8. Guest Fliers must be accompanied by a Club Member.

9. All reciprocating engines of .10 cubic inches piston displacement, or larger, will be
equipped with an effective muffling device. In those cases where the muffler's effectiveness is in question, the Executive Committee will make a decision on an individual basis.

10. Any person under the age of 18 years must be supervised by an adult.

11. The maximum number of fliers of fixed wing aircraft, at one time, is FIVE (5)

12. All radio transmitters and receivers must be within current FCC standards.

13. All pilots shall Take-Off and Land in the same direction. When wind dictates a change, the pilot initiating the change shall announce same to the other pilots on stations.

14. Pilots will not HOVER aircraft or perform 3D maneuvers over the Runway when any other pilot station is occupied. The exception is for when only electric powered airplanes under two pounds gross weight are flying.

15. A Work-Day Schedule will be published in the Club Newsletter and posted at the field. Adult Club Members are expected to work on their scheduled day or arrange for a trade with another member.

16. As per the Club Constitution, Section V, a penalty of fifty (50) dollars will be assessed any member who fails to perform at least one (1) scheduled workday.

17. Jetero Bylaws Article Four requires a flight demonstration for specified persons before a Jetero Flight Instructor.
A. Any person trained to fly RC Aircraft within the preceding twelve (12) months must perform satisfactorily to a designated Jetero Flight Instructor the maneuvers below before flying solo at the Jetero Facility.
B. The maneuvers will all be accomplished in one flight using a "Buddy Cord" system with the Instructor having control of the Master Transmitter Unit. After completion of the maneuvers, the student will then use the Master transmitter to perform three (3) consecutive take offs and landings as prescribed for the initial demonstration.
C. The minimum maneuvers of the initial demonstration are:
1. Radio and Frequency Control Procedures.
2. Operational Safety for Start-Up, Taxi, Flight, and Shut-Down.
3. Flight Maneuvers with Buddy Cord.
(a) Recovery from Unusual attitude/s.
(b) Perform at least one each Inside Loop, Axial Roll, Left and Right turn of 90 degrees or more, and three (3) Take Offs and Landings with the engine in continuous operation. The first take off and last landing count. Landings may be touch and go type or full stop. Touch and go must have at least a five (5) foot ground run to count for either/or Take Off and Landing credit.
D. Any person will be limited to a maximum of three (3) attempts to perform a satisfactory demonstration in any one calendar day.

18. Contest Directors may modify these rules - within AMA Safety Code Requirements - to perform the objectives of supervised Competition/Demonstration events.

19. Unmanned vehicles shall not be in the pit or runway at any time.

20. Any Minor Club member under the age of eighteen (18) must have a release form on file, signed by his/her parent or guardian, and witnessed before the minor flies.

21. No engine/s may be run behind the fence line, behind being shelter/spectator side.

22. A Club member will insure that if he/she must enter adjoining property that such person will secure the property owner's permission for such entry. Any person entering adjoining property will assume full responsibility for any damages.

23. The Club will strictly prohibit any use of the club flying facility to any full-size-man-carrying aircraft, including those classed as ultra-lights or otherwise. (Special event permission may be requested.) DR

24. The Club will not prohibit or restrict the Club from sponsoring and/or hosting model airplane contests, fly-ins, fun-flys, RC Racing events and social events. DR

These Field Rules as well as the Club's Constitution, the Club's By-Laws and the Deed Restrictions, along with the AMA Safety Code are the governing guide of each Club Member and Guest. The Club's Constitution requires that each Club Member enforce these rules. Safety is No Accident