RCU Forums - View Single Post - AEROBIRD EXTREME MODS!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 08:29 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AEROBIRD EXTREME MODS!

I think the stock motor draws around 20 amps but it's always better to have more than you need in an ESC...so I bought an E-Flite 50 amp speed control which ran around $30 I think. The JR 6 channel RX came with the JR SX600 Sport radio and ran around $149. The radio also came with four servos but they are much too big for most electric planes. I picked up two Hitec HS81 servos at about $17 a piece. They are the exact same size as the stock servos and work well on the Stryker too. For the Stryker I picked up the JR 6 channel sport RX (even smaller and lighter than the one that came with the radio) and two more HS81 servos. I'm powering the Stryker with the Balsa Products BP21 brushless motor and the BP30 amp speed control for about $54 total and am running it on lipos. This setup would also fit nice into a Challenger. For the Extreme the stock motor is fine. If you want more power reverse time it. For those worried about X-port compatability there is a hack on RC-CAM's website to use the modules with standard electronics.