RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 60 Size P-47 Thunderbolt-Build & Flying
Old 10-16-2005, 12:16 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 60 Size P-47 Thunderbolt-Build & Flying

Andy;

Thanks, much clearer, I haven't made up my mind which direction to go, I want to see how John(Old Navy Flyer) makes out; from his post he is going to be using the larger 7/16" Diameter 440 Robstruts and drill out the 511 Retracts to accommadate them; I would think this set up will make for a little stouter retract, may be a little too stiff, not sure, have to see how John makes out with this combination, my thinking is that it may be the way to go, although I like your idea of retaining the coil spring as an added cushion, espeacially on the less than perfect landings, although the Robstruts are supposed to take care of that.

John(Old Navy Flyer);

A couple questions, I can see that if you go with the 7/16" Robostrut you are going to get a more beefer Retract, Right? I thought why not go with the Robarts 530 Retracts that are 7/16 Robostrut ready; but then you can't beat the price of the 510's which includes the airKit, the 530's do not; will this make for a too stiff of a set up, H9 P-47 isn't all that heavy! Another question, which you probably can't answer until you get the new Struts; will the larger Diameter Struts prevent the gear from closing flush with the wing, may have to recess the retract slightly, just a thought!