RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 10-16-2005, 02:45 PM
morecashthansense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Hi All,

At Last the DA saga is nearing an end...
New carb arrived at last and have set to factory settings the motor started very easily and predictably, also the needles/ rpm/ pickup issues that I had before are controllable and the motor responds correctly to the needle settings which i believe was the core of my frustrations before, I still have a very slight 'burble' on pickup but a quick throttle curve has hidden it and its now so low in the rpm that it wont come into play when trying to fly, also the motor is a lot smoother and less vibration is being passed back into the airframe. The ailerons only wobble a bit on tickover now!

With the new carb Im getting 7250rpm running a 23*8 mezlik I have suddenly got around 500 rpm more!! which i guess to be a quite a step up in power available than before. Oh and Im running on a Zimmerman cannister.

So now I'm looking forward to flying this model when time allows but it all looks very promising, once I have managed to secure the cowl (psp binders have eaten approx an 1/2!QUOT! hole in the cowl) and worked out a way to secure the cannister I tried the mod in previous pages but the can has melted the tygon tube with which it was being held! will have to look for a different method.