RCU Forums - View Single Post - AEROBIRD EXTREME MODS!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 01:08 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AEROBIRD EXTREME MODS!

Sorry it took so long to respond...haven't flown much lately as I've been killing deer, ducks, geese, whatever I can eat. By the way, as a goose hunter I've observed that when they want to loose altitude really fast to make a landing (like fighting a strong head wind that is keeping them up), they will dip from side to side to loose air under the wings without moving the wings. Tried that with my Challenger and it works great if you have good throw that will allow quick left/right dips of the wings. Some times it works better than pushing forward on the stick to dive and ending up speeding up the plane in the process which this won't do.

OK...on the JR SX600 radio questions...I have stick movement just like the stock Stryker/Challenger/Extreme. That is, the right stick controls up/down/right/left and the left controls throttle. My guess is you have one of the servos plugged into the wrong channel on the RX...or don't have it set for DELTA WING ON mode with all others OFF. If the flap movement is reversed then you can swap the two servo plugs in the RX or you can reverse them in the computer on the radio. I prefer to not reverse servos in the computer unless I have to. Makes setup easier to remember in the event that I have to re-program in the future. I also prefer having the throttle stick at it's lowest position for NEUTRAL or OFF. Remember that most ESCs need to see that throttle at zero when powered up. You can also reverse the throttle in the computer to get things the way you need them should a certain ESC require something strange...allowing you to keep the stick at it's lowest position for OFF. Also notice how far you have to push the throttle forward to engage the motor. If it takes much travel then simply adjust the trim for the throttle to give a snappier response to stick movement. Haven't played with Expotential yet so I won't comment on it. Dual rates are the two switches on the face of the radio at the upper right and left. When in the computer settings at dual rations you can flip those switches and see the values they have.

The battery that came with the radio did not last very long at all the first four or five times I charged it. I maybe got an hour to an hour and a half at charge. That has improved as the battery became conditioned. You can buy higher MA packs for the radio but I can live with it. Problem is the thing takes a long time to charge with it's stock charger. I'm planning on wiring up a charger plug for my Piranha digital peak charger so I can charge it at a faster rate...though you can't charge them as fast you a Nihm plane pack.