RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D & Hovering Guidelines in Your Club
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 11:45 AM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D & Hovering Guidelines in Your Club

ORIGINAL: Propwash in Pa

I hope others glean some insight. Let me guess, if someone wants to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, that is their purgative and why do we need seatbelts anyway.

At times, things must be believed to be seen.

Hi Propwash-

I definitely think an approach like yours would be beneficial. Most discussions about safety seem to focus on preventing crashes, with factors like building and flying skills at the forefront. I don't feel that really addresses the safety objective, which is to prevent personal injuries and property damage. Most model airplanes eventually crash, so efforts focused on preventing crashes haven't really proven effective in meeting the real objective. Perhaps a more structured, disciplined approach as you presented would conclude there is a need to redirect the focus on safety, accepting that we can't really prevent model airplanes from crashing, and applying the bulk of our efforts toward ensuring that they don't endanger people and their property when they do crash. Not that we ignore it now, but possibly we don't give that aspect as much attention as we might.

Abel