RCU Forums - View Single Post - How big is the HPI Baja 5B?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 01:13 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How big is the HPI Baja 5B?

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-RC

You are right. If the HPI Baja sells well at $914, then everyone else will have to drop their prices. FG will have to drop $200 at least, and the Firehammers will be selling for $699. I'll probably buy my youngest kid a Firehammer when they drop after the holidays.
cant see fg droping there prices - they didnt do it when the clones come out and they sell ok in the usa.what are you comparing the baja against from the fg range,im glad hpi is bringing a new large scale model out variety aint a bad thing - myself thinks it has few major down falls such as fitting of a tuned pipe and no servo space alloted for extra brakes or large steering servos which i find strange - it also lookes over worked were as fg design and parts are made simple for a reason - i also dont like the way the top of the shoxs have no protection from the shell.people may remember nitro giants tamiya & kyoshos attempts a few years back at petrol r/c with all the hype but there no were to be seen now.i do get sick of reading in other hpi posts (mostly from members that dont own any large scale) that the release of this will put fg in trouble,they seem to think fg only produce one or two models and hpi has brought this out to give fg competion.i think the opposite - fg have 20years head start and have a vast selection to choose from inc mass worldwide part support and full hop-ups,hpi marketing department aint that stupid and have seen the success of the fg mt in the usa and seen a gap in the market for a 1/5 scale basher so for that reason i think it will do well - if hpi wanted to run against fg they would of made it race legal for the european market also - i do think & hope they will have succes with it for the market its aimed at,just me having a rant against the anti fg posts.

(p.s i aint pro fg either - i also have harm bx1 and rate that more)

eidt: borrowed from madwax post - fg range

On-road..
Formula 1
Formula 1 Comp
Sportsline 04
Sportsline Comp
Racing Truck
Stadium Truck
On Road Beetle
Or any of the "off-roaders" models changed over to slicks/wet tyres.

Off-road
Monster Truck/Monster Beetle & Pro/Monster Marder.
Off-road Beetle
Marder
Marder Race
Touareg
Leopard