RCU Forums - View Single Post - How big is the HPI Baja 5B?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How big is the HPI Baja 5B?

I agree with RAMTech. I worked in consumer electronics retail for several years before getting my college degree. The product is just interesting until people throw their hard earned cash at it. At $900 HPI is putting themselves in an exclusive club from the beginning with this buggy. The owner of a local hobby shop said buyers loose momentum for initial buy-in for a truck at about $500. He does not stock the Firehammer (he had one in stock once) because it does not 'fly off the shelves' at these prices and at the time he was selling the FH for $750.

Believe what you want about the buggy's market prospects but until I see a couple of buggy boxes stacked on the floor/shelf at the local shop and the owners telling me they sell 3 - 5 per month it is not a raging success.

It's great another company is getting serious about this class of car. The attention the Baja is getting is great. Now let's stop talking about it and when it gets released, get out and buy one and get our friends to buy one to make it a success.

Ken