RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Extra 330L
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Tim_Indy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Extra 330L

Originally posted by EdwardB
Great thread. I知 framing up this exact kit right now.
Glad to hear it! In the two years I've been flying mine, I only saw 2 other GP 330s flying. I do, however, know that seeing mine fly caused 4 other guys to buy this plane.
I知 planning to power it with a new Brison 4.8 twin that I already had <snip> I知 going to be really watching the weight. No smoke or anything else that痴 not really needed. I知 curious what any of you might have done to keep the weight down
Mine weighs just over 24 pounds, no smoke, no particular effort to save weight. Your Brison is a few ounces heavier than my BME 6.2, but should have no problem flying your 24.5 pound Extra.
The instructions talk about two different LE profiles for the wing. Which ones did you guys use, and which do you recommend?
I used the sharper leading edge on both of mine and still had a gentle non-snappy plane to fly, so I'm thinking the flight characteristics aren't radically different for either one.
Did you double bevel the control surfaces? I知 personally not into really extreme 3-D.
Nope, I didn't double bevel the elevators, and since I'm not into 3D, I don't miss them at all.

You're gonna LOVE this plane!!
Tim