RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Extra 330L
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 02:13 AM
3Dfalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Extra 330L

I have one also. I have had it for about 2 years now and I have responded to afew posts on it like Tim. Mine has a 3w 100 on it that pulls it around with a 27-10 @ 6500rpm. The plane weighs 26.4 lbs with a smoke system. I like the plane alot and it was also my first gasser. I like to fly presition and 3d and this extra dose knife edged flight very well wich makes rolling circles and slow rolls very easy and brings confidence with every flight. In less than 2 years I am now able to do lots of varieations of rolling circles including 8 piont alternating rolling circles.I am not trying to brag but showing you how capable this plane is. Having a aerobatic platform with great rudder authority and little coupling will give you the confidence to keep trying the manuver. This plane is capable,with the right motor,of competing in all aspects of IMAC type competition.This plane also has its limitations. For true 3d type flying it is not that great mostly due to it not doing elevators, harriers and walls. Surprisingly with its fairly small elevator it torque rolls very well and I am able to back it down easily. If this is your first giant gasser you will have a great time. Good luck !!