RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

I don't think anyone, including Chris himself, can fault you for giving up the "vigil".

I'd suggest the QQ 85" Yak as the best alternative, and I believe he has them in stock... (they are made by the very same manufacturer as Chris just "had it out with") And are so close in quality that it's amute point. They have been reported to fly well too and come in about the same as the EF Yak did... the others seem to be a good 1 to 1.5 lbs heavier...

It seems the manufacturer stretched themselves too thin and relied on lying to buy them time... they ran out. But at least they did get QQ's planes delivered to him. I don't think they WANTED to be dishonest, it's just that the lure of lots of orders from varying companies and the $$$ proved too much and they bit off more than they could chew. Hope they get back on their feet too as they have a talented CAD engineer and good builders.

Now that Chris is setting up his "very own" manufacturer, I expect that 2006 is going to be EF's year.

ORIGINAL: Bob Laine

I have tried many, many times to call Extreem, and all I ever get is to leave a message. The message box is always full so it only leads me to conclude that that the only planes available (or will be) is the small electrics. Not being able to get the "quality" ARF..........That old dog want hunt anymore. Everyone else is able to get them.