RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are Futaba and Hitec dual conversion rx crystals interchangeable?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are Futaba and Hitec dual conversion rx crystals interchangeable?

Nope...you sure don't have it quite right Chuck. The ten bucks for a Hitec crystal is indeed totally insignificant when you want just one; but if you want to develop wide ranging frequency availability, as I have done with my Futabas, it then becomes a significantly more costly investment. Do the math...50 channels...ten bucks per channel! It would obviously be much more cost efficient to simply scrap the Hitec and plug in another Futaba receiver.
Additionally, it seems to be an especially unecessary duplication of expense when many reports tend to indicate that each of these manufacturers crystals are in fact generating the very same frequency for use in their dual conversion receivers.
After all, there is no magic in the name label that they put on the device, and inside the can is merely a piece of quartz ground to resonate at a specific frequency when a current is passed through it. Therefore, in order for this thread to be meaningful, please...lets leave the responses to the individuals who are technically qualified to address the subject material.
Thanks for entertaining us with your need for irrelevant venting, however, your shortsighted non-technical response is considerably less than helpful.
Regards
Jim