RCU Forums - View Single Post - 14MZ in trainer mode
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ in trainer mode

Ok, I think we have a fundamental misunderstanding somewhere...

If a student comes to the field with their model, and I were to use my 14MZ to to teach, I would create a new model, map the controls to conform to the student's transmitter and be done. I would not have to do anything with the receiver because we'd be training on THE STUDENT'S airplane. I'd presume that the receiver was already set up to match the student's transmitter.

If I were using the club trainer, then I'd already have a model memory configured for the club trainer. In that case, we'd be using a club transmitter/trainer box, or the student would be bringing an already-compatible transmitter, and again there would be no need to re-configure the servo connections at the receiver.

Finally, if I owned a model where it would be likely that I'd be training others, then I'd set it up in the first place so that it would be compatible with other Futaba systems. For other models, I'd not likely let someone fly it who needed to be on the trainer system. Either they'd be good enough to fly the model without my assistance, or they wouldn't fly it at all. Just my two cents.

This discussion is really more like creating a difficulty so that we can create a solution. The actual case where someone would be flying the 14MZ owner's airplane set up to match the 14MZ's programming, and needing to be on a trainer system would be quite rare, in my personal view. If you train regularly, then you should set up the model and the transmitter to conform to the transmitter configuration of the majority of your students...likely the standard channel order in other Futaba R/C systems.

We'll mention it to Futaba, but can't say where it would go in their priority list for features.