RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9Z
Thread: Futaba 9Z
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9Z

I recently went to the 9ZAP WC2 from a 9CAPS so I have a few thoughts you might want to consider.

As noted above, there doesn't seem to be anything you can't get this radio to do. However, it's not as user friendly as the 9C is with it's native programming options. The manual is not really explicit, but there are quite a few more helpful pieces of information on Futaba's website, as well as some helpful posts here on this forum.

Once you start to get the hang of programming the 9Z and learn it's 3 letter abbreviations, it's pretty easy to figure out the basic setups and if you've done mixing stuff that pretty much falls into line with other radios. It took me three days to figure out how to best setup triple rates for my Funtana since there are so many ways to do it and I got quite frustrated to begin with. Then I setup my second and third models in a couple of hours each...

So if the price tag is not a problem and you realize it will take a little time to learn the radio, I'd say go for it. You won't be disappointed IMHO.