RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pusher AP plane build thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 02:06 AM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pusher AP plane build thread

Firstly, let me say that this build is inspired by W4UAV & kd70st. I have been looking for "my" ideal AP plane after trying a few conventional looking planes I was looking for something that I figured would be AP perfect. I am posting this on RCU rather than RCG because it will be a slimer rather than an electric plane. The reason I call this the ideal AP design is because of its configuration as a pusher, nothing in the fuse that will get in the way of the camera view, such as a spinning prop, landing gear etc. No thrown up debris into the camera from the prop was another advantage. With a fuse that for the most part is a cargo hold I deemed it suitable for carrying all kinds of gear. I also like the looks of the plane as something different

Having said all that, my plans are for this plane to carry a 6mp Panasonic FX9 camera and wireless A/V equipment for downlink. The power plant is a new Irvine .53 which to this date is my favourite engine, powerful, quiet and cool looking! The wing will be a modified LT40 70" with 900sq" of area. The wing will be built flat with no dihedral and for transportation reasons the twin boom assembly will be made so that it can be removed. I have built many kits and ARF's but never a 1/2 scratch build (the wing kit is from Sig). With much help from the above mentioned folks I will endevor to log my progress and take pictures for anyone interested. I have absoultely no experience in designing so if you see me heading for trouble yell at me! At times the progress will be fast and others it will be slower so hang in there....winter is long and cold here in Canada.

So tonight I pinned the first peices to the board and called it quits after getting home late from watching the new Harry Potter movie....which I highly recommend BTW..."Bloody Hell" as Ron Wiesely put it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97095.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	360399   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44827.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	360400